What is a Building Management System?
A building management system makes your structure “smart” by streamlining its operation and security systems. This management system creates an advanced, automated system that runs smoothly and leaves your company with more time and money.
Each building management system is designed specifically for your building. At ACS we can install these systems into the current infrastructure using existing hardware, or we can include them during new construction.
Components of a building management system may include:
- Temperature settings:
- Auto-adjust temperature to comfortable settings based on current environment.
- Set temperature based on day and time.
- Adjust temperature based on airflow, humidity and pressure.
- Lighting:Turns lights on and off based on occupancy and dims lights
- Signal alarms for fire, burglar and weather emergencies.
- Room automations:
- Allows simple and easy control of all technology in a room through one main control panel.
- Notifications & Controls:
- One main control panel houses all system settings
- Notifications may be sent to staff via email, text, calls, alarms, etc.
- Access Control:
- Adjust settings by individual access.
- Presets may be adjusted by mornings, work hours, off hours, and weekends.
Want to Talk to an Expert about Installing a Building Management System?
Call (888) 265-2773 today for a consultation to learn more about our automated systems.
Building Management Automation Systems: The Details
ACS integrates building management automation software and hardware products by Siemens’ TALON series. This single, robust control system integrates all systems onto a simple-to-manage system through a single workstation with an easy-to-use interface. TALON may be accessed from anywhere.
Learn more about the TALON series by Siemen.
A building management system is an investment in energy efficiency. Building management automation erases lost money spent on heating or cooling a building without any occupants or wasting money by leaving the lights on overnight. A smart building knows when to use energy to keep occupants comfortable and when to conserve it.
A large piece of every building’s budget goes toward keeping the facility cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Maintaining comfort when dealing with complex HVAC systems on industrial and commercial properties can be a challenge; especially when repair issues are nonstop. ACS can install, repair and maintain all HVAC units. We can integrate your HVAC unit with your building management automation to maximize energy efficiency and extend the unit’s lifespan.
Energy efficiency is great for the environment; however, it’s also great for your budget. Smart products are designed to conserve costs and keep you and your occupants safer. Technology allows us to make a building smart and run on automation. Let ACS design a smart system for you.